Bathroom and Kitchen Countertops
Kingswood Designs fabricates granite, quartz and Corian® countertops in the shop located directly below our showroom. Our fabricators are full-time employees, not subcontractors, and are extremely skilled in their craft. Whether it is a small vanity replacement or a large kitchen renovation, we can handle any countertop project.
A major advantage of having our countertops fabricated in-house is that the timeline of your project is not held up waiting for manufacturer delays. This is not only more convenient for our clients, but puts Kingswood Designs in full control of the timeline, meaning that we can save 10 to 20 business days on your full renovation project. Additionally, an in-house shop gives customers the opportunity to customize their countertop by choosing colors and patterns that are unique to every slab of stone.
Whether you are refreshing your existing kitchen or bathroom by choosing a new countertop or installing countertops as part of an entire renovation, Kingswood Designs’ consultants can help you choose the material that complements the elements of your room.
Granite, a natural stone, is heat resistant, stain resistant, and durable against everyday uses. We recommend treating your granite with a sealer approximately every two to three years. The frequency of sealing your countertop will depend upon your specific stone and everyday use. All granite countertops are sealed by our fabricators prior to installation. Kingswood Designs strives to reduce the number of seams in each piece of granite during fabrication.
Since granite is a natural stone, every slab is unique in color, veining, and patterning. Therefore, we have our customers select the exact slab(s) for their project.
If it is a small project, such as a vanity top, bar top, or fireplace hearth, customers can potentially select a granite remnant from the options that we have stored outside our granite shop. If it’s a large project, such as a kitchen, we have our customers visit a granite supplier to tag the exact slab(s) of material desired.
At Kingswood Designs, we mainly source our full slabs of granite from Mont Granite Surfaces, Dente Classic Stone, and Pittsburgh Granite and Marble.
Zodiaq® Quartz Countertops
Zodiaq® Quartz is a man-made stone produced by DuPont. Relatively consistent in color, Zodiaq® Quartz products are scratch resistant and durable. Unlike granite, this material does not need to be sealed. Zodiaq® Quartz products have a 10-year residential product warranty.
Samples of every color of Zodiaq® Quartz are available to view in our showroom.
Mont Quartz Countertops
This highly engineered surface combines long-lasting beauty with durability and strength, creating uniquely beautiful surfaces that replicate the look of natural stone. It is unique in its movement, color, brilliancy, and clarity. Mont Quartz products have a 15-year residential limited warranty.
Samples of every color of Mont Quartz are available to view in our showroom.
Corian® is a non-porous, man-made product manufactured by DuPont in a wide variety of colors. Several edge treatments are available for Corian® surfaces, from simple to ornate. In addition, bowls can be molded into surfaces and most seams are visibly undetectable. Corian® products have a 10-year residential installation warranty.
Samples of every color of Corian® are available to view in our showroom.
Step 1: Measure your current countertop.
- Please note the length and width of all surfaces.
- Note the location of sink, stove and dishwasher (if applicable).
- Note the location of walls and finished edges.
Step 2: Visit our showroom for an on-the-spot bid.
- View samples of granite, quartz and Corian®.
- We will discuss the advantages and price variations of countertop materials so you can pick what’s best for your home.
- Your countertop consultant will review the scope of work you would like Kingswood Designs to handle; i.e. removal and disposal of your existing countertop, selecting a new sink, coordinate plumbing, etc.
Step 3: Select your new countertop and Kingswood Designs will complete your project.
- When you have selected the material of your choice, from an option at our showroom or at a stone supplier, we can schedule a time for one of our fabricators to visit your home and made a wooden template of your countertop.
- Once we have the exact measurements of your countertop from the template, we will finalize all products and complete a contract outlining the entire project.
- Customers are welcome to take home samples to view in their home to assist in the decision process.
Step 4: Installation
- At Kingswood Designs, your countertop installation will be a one day project or less.
- If we are tearing out and disposing of your existing countertop, we will remove it the day of the installation.
- We will properly mount your sink.
- If we are coordinating the installation of your faucet, we will schedule our plumber to arrive shortly after our fabricators are done with the countertop installation.
We have countless granite and quartz remnants stored outside of our showroom for you to view. Our remnants change weekly and are ideal for vanity tops, bar tops, half walls, fireplaces . . . essentially any surface you envision! Just remember to bring in the dimensions of the project you’re looking to complete.
If you are planning a full renovation of your kitchen or bathroom that includes new countertops, Kingswood Designs can help ensure that your project is completed on-time. Having an on-site shop means that we are in control of the timeline for your countertop’s fabrication—not an outside vendor. There is no middleman involved with your countertop, and we will be able to keep your overall renovation project running smoothly.
- Our installation team consists of full-time employees of Kingswood Designs, NOT subcontractors.
- Kingswood Designs has long-standing relationships with the certified plumbers and electricians we use on all of our jobs.
- Our goal is to minimize any disruption to your lifestyle, and we make it a priority to start and complete your project in a timely manner.
- Kingswood Designs fabricates all countertops in the shop located directly below our showroom. This helps us control your project’s timeframe, keeping your kitchen project on schedule. In addition, our customers are welcome to be involved in the layout of their countertop material, identifying areas to highlight or avoid.
Completing a Vision With Kitchen Countertops
Kingswood Designs recently completed a beautiful countertop installation in a 1960s home for a family in Upper St. Clair. The designers at Kingswood worked closely with the customers to meet their specifications and surpass their expectations. The family was seeking a new countertop for their kitchen, with a specific vision for the island, the centerpiece of their kitchen.
Do You Have A Project In Mind?
Tell us about your project! From kitchens, to bathrooms and countertops, let us make your home elegant and efficient. Fill out the form below to give us a better idea of what you’re looking for, or call us now at 412-835-8583 to discuss your project.