Remodeling Your Bathroom?
Preparing for your bathroom remodeling project involves more than just selecting your fixtures and cabinetry – there is also the renovation process to consider. While any home remodeling project has its share of inconveniences, it is important to keep your eye on the end result: – a beautifully remodeled space that is functional while yet inviting.
The bathroom is the most personal space in your home, and throughout the remodeling process you will have your family as well as a team of professionals coming and going throughout that space. The better prepared you are in advance, the better you will feel about the overall process. The following are a few tips to help you prepare:
- Create a “backup space” – If you have an extra bathroom in your home, this is the one you’ll be using, so be sure that everyone in the household sets some sort of a schedule to avoid confusion. If your home is limited to one bathroom and you are planning on staying during the renovation process. Some alternative options include renting portable facilities, or utilizing gym club memberships.
- Don’t make plans for entertaining guests – It is not a good idea to have high traffic in a home that is undergoing a remodeling process, particularly when guests need to use the restroom. The perfect time to plan for guests is after the bathroom remodeling has been completed, and it is the perfect time to unveil your new restroom space!
- Clean out your current space -Be sure to store all of the necessary items where they can be accessed when needed. This is especially true for personal toiletries, there are many varieties of inexpensive bathroom organizing bins that you can use to separate family members’ items, while keeping them where they are within reach.
- Create an accessible work area – The Design Team that will be working on your bathroom remodeling project will need to be able to have a clear pathway to get back and forth, as well as be able to bring in the items necessary for the renovation. If there are any items in the pathway that you don’t want damaged, be sure to move them or take measures to protect them.
- Seal off your rooms – Blocking off the construction zone as well as any vents in the room with plastic sheets will help to control the dust. Because dust will filter throughout the home, cover carpeting with plastic sheets and protect large pieces of furniture with sheets or blankets. Having a fan can also help to allow ventilating construction dust out of the house.
- Make a photo journal – Keeping a record of the progress not only allows you to remain focused on the end goal, but will provide you with a before-and-after record of your bathroom.
Volpatti Signature Renovations is Pittsburgh’s Premier Single-Source Remodeling Company, specializing in kitchen and bathroom renovations. Offering quality cabinetry and countertops, Volpatti’s experienced design team strives to meet the unique needs of each customer, creating Signature Spaces designed with today’s families in mind. For more information, contact Volpatti today to schedule a consultation.