Thinking about starting a new bathroom renovation project, but don’t know where to start? From light fixtures to tile selection, the choices are endless, and can be sometimes daunting. Don’t worry, we’re here to help with 7 Must-Know Bathroom Remodeling tips from our most recent successful bathroom remodel:
1) Time to Rethink the Bathroom Layout. Don’t feel stuck with your existing bathroom layout. Remodeling gives you the opportunity to rethink and reimagine what the bathroom space can look like to serve your needs. Many homeowners feel stuck within the existing bathroom’s layout and/or look and feel. But this is your chance to start fresh and design a space that is right for you.
2) Include More Mirrors in the Bathroom. Most people think of mirrors in bathrooms only for the purpose of checking makeup or primping hair. In this space, the extra mirrors were also a thoughtful design element, expanding the room visually and adding light to the room. We selected beveled edge mirrors with custom wood frames to match the vanity cabinetry.
- 12”x24” Wall tile with niche
- Listello inside niche as accent
- Linear shower drain
3) Keep Storage Top of Mind. Custom vanities offer the chance to achieve a coordinated finish. We added a custom make-up area along with storage closets. We saved space by keeping the toilet and double bowl vanity in the same locations and removing the outdated corner deck whirlpool. We enlarged the shower width and depth by expanding into the back end of a hallway closet.
4) Splurge on the Shower. Our shower design is not only practical for our client’s daily lives, but also relaxing and luxurious. For this remodel, we selected Delta In2uition handheld with body sprays along with custom Pietra Silestone corner shelves, footrest, wall cap and niche shelves fabricated from the countertop material for a cohesive look.
5) Customize Your Vanity. Updating your vanity can add tons of style and personality to your bathroom design. This double vanity features white rectangular undermount sinks, the Delta Linden Collection in Stainless Steel and custom, natural stone Silestone Pietra polished countertops.
6) Opt for Heated Flooring. Whenever we replace the floor in bathroom remodels, we always recommend heated floors. Adding a heated floor will add value to your home, and provide comfort in cold climates (like Pittsburgh winters!). We selected Schluter Ditra Heat under the 9”x36” floor tile.
7) Call an expert. If you’re ready to remodel your bathroom, but need some help figuring out how to do it right, we’re here to help! Our team knows what your budget can buy, and we provide professional advice on how to save and where to splurge.
Looking for design ideas? Our gallery features some of our favorite bathroom remodeling jobs.
Ready to take the next step with your bathroom remodel job? Contact us today to get started!