As most Pittsburgh homeowners know, the kitchen as we know it has changed. The room that was once considered simply a place to prepare meals has undergone a complete overhaul to meet the needs of today’s modern families. And 2015 is bringing about major changes in another important area of today’s homes: the bathroom.
A recent Angie’s list study polled over 1,000 contractors, asking them how consumer requests and budgets have changed in the recent years, with surprising results. More than half of the con-tractors surveyed reported that their customers intended to spend more on bathroom remodeling in 2015, with many willing to add anywhere from $1,000 to $15,000 to their bathroom remodeling budget.
With 2015 underway, some of the hot new trends in bathroom design and remodeling are be-ginning to emerge, and here are a few of the latest in bathroom remodeling trends:
- Decorative tile – More and more homeowners are not only replacing their current flooring with a sleek new tile pattern, but adding a complementary style to the walls as well. Adding to the look is the use of grout as a design feature to either match or contrast the tile. Using a contrasting grout color will allow the tiles to stand out and showcase their individuality, while. matching it will create a more cohesive overall design.
- Gray is the new white – Gray has consistently been named as the top color spot in bath-room remodeling across the board. Because gray is a neutral color, it will never go out of style and is easy to update. In addition, gray adds to the feel of a more “open” space, making small bathrooms appear larger.
- Soaking bathtubs – Designers are reporting that soaking and free-standing tub demands are on a rise. Consumer trends have indicated that bathtubs are used primarily for soaking, and showers for cleansing. A free-standing bathtub not only makes a peaceful refuge, but adds a dramatic focal point to any bathroom, with endless design possibilities to complement it.
- Floor heating – A relatively new but fast-rising trend is incorporating itself into bathroom re-modeling, particularly in areas such as Pittsburgh, where cold weather is prominent a good deal of the year. Radiant heated floors have been shown to not only be more effective than traditional heating, but make it possible to enjoy walking on a tile floor without feeling cold.
- Custom vanities – Particularly in smaller bathrooms and older homes, where space-saving is an issue, custom vanities allow for storage that are aesthetically pleasing and complement the overall look and design of the bathroom space.
- Double sinks – Whether his-and-hers or designed so that siblings can share, vanities with sinks are one of the top trends of 2015.
If you are thinking of remodeling your current bathroom space, now is the perfect time to start planning. Volpatti Signature Renovations is at the forefront of today’s remodeling trends, both nationally and those unique to the Pittsburgh area. With an expert design team and the best in-stallation crew around, Volpatti Signature Renovations makes it easy to turn an ordinary bath-room into the personal haven of your dreams.
From a Master Bath Spa Retreat to a functional yet stylish guest bathroom, Volpatti Signature Renovations has the tools and the expertise to ensure that you are getting both quality and func-tion, with a Design Consultant to guide you throughout every step of the process. For more in-formation or to schedule an appointment with a Design Consultant, contact them today!