Space Saving Ideas For Small Kitchens
For busy families, it seems that you can never have too much space. However, working in a smaller kitchen can pose space limitations that can often prove frustrating if not overwhelming. However, limited space doesn’t mean that there can’t be some improvements that can make organization easier, creating a more efficient and stylish kitchen space. The following are a few space-saving solutions that can help you make the most of your space:
- Floor to ceiling cabinets – Taking your cabinets all the way up to the ceiling can allow for additional storage space for lesser-used items, in addition to visually expanding the space. Lighter color cabinets work best for small kitchens, as lighter colors reflect light, maximizing the effect made by natural light.
- Incorporate a pull out pantry – A custom pantry design can be incorporated into a slim area, making use of a formerly unused space and allowing for storage of canned and dry goods, easily accessible and within reach.
- All in one Kitchen Island – Kitchen Islands are normally thought of as “prep stations” or “work stations.” However, a Kitchen Island can be an extremely useful storage option, and can be customized with a number of extra features to suit your individual needs.
- Wall mounted storage – Wall mounted storage is a convenient way to keep items such as bulky pots and pans that can take up valuable cabinet space within reach. Some other items that can be used in wall mounted storage solutions are spice racks, cooking utensil racks, and even glassware.
- Customized cabinetry – Kitchen cabinetry manufacturers have updated their customized options to offer unique storage solutions that cater to just about any need. From Lazy Susans, to drawer dividers, pull out shelving and custom in-cabinet racks, there are a number of ways that you can get the most out of limited cabinet space.
Having a smaller kitchen does not mean that you have to sacrifice style and function. Incorporating the right space saving solutions can allow you to not only be more organized, but fall in love with your kitchen all over again!
If you have a smaller kitchen and are looking for a more functional space, the experts at Volpatti Signature Renovations have the tools and the expertise to assess your needs and design the perfect kitchen that will work for your unique needs. From custom cabinetry to quality kitchen countertops, Volpatti Signature Renovations can provide you with a well-designed kitchen that suits your taste and budget. Your in-house expert design consultant will be with you throughout the project, from start to finish, to ensure that you get the kitchen you imagined. As a single source remodeler, Volpatti has the products that you need from some of the best manufacturers in the industry, as well as a number of customized options that can help to transform your current space into a dream kitchen.
For more information, visit Kingswood Designs’s showroom, conveniently located in the South Hills area of Pittsburgh, or contact them for a consultation with one of their expert design team.