The Kitchen Remodeling Process
While renovating your kitchen can be one of the most rewarding home improvement projects that you will undertake, getting through the process of the actual renovation can prove quite daunting. Fortunately, a little advance planning can help you live comfortably through your Kitchen Renovation process. Below are a few tips to living with a Kitchen Renovation, to help alleviate any unnecessary reasons to become overwhelmed or stressed from the inconvenience:
- Be sure to have an idea as to when the actual work is going to begin as far in advance as possible, so that you can schedule or change any activities around the work schedule, thus eliminating any last minute hassles.
- Once you have a definite date as to when the work will begin, plan to pack up the contents of your kitchen at least a week in advance. Be sure to organize the contents and label them clearly so that they will be easy for you to find what you need, when you need them.
- If your Kitchen Renovation involves any cabinetry replacement or refacing, be sure to empty out all of your cabinets. Items that are left behind are likely to be disposed of in the renovation process, so it is best to have them stored away from the kitchen.
- A clear path is essential to the safety and efficiency of any work area, so it is important to ensure that there is room for the Renovation Team to move materials as needed. Some materials, such as kitchen cabinets and countertops can be bulky and tricky to navigate, so mapping out a path in advance will help the Renovation Team when the time comes. If there are any items that are obstructing a clear path or could potentially be broken in the process, it is best to move them to another area in the meantime.
- Allow for plenty of working space for the Renovation Team, as well as accommodations for any vehicles that may be involved in the process. Depending on the extent of your renovation, you will have to account for trucks that may be carrying heavy and/or bulky materials, so you will want to make sure they have easy access to your home.
- Regardless of how attentive a Renovation Team is, there is bound to be some dust in any workspace, regardless of size. If you have items that you are concerned about protecting with dust, you can cover the larger ones with plastic drop cloths, or remove smaller ones entirely until the renovation is complete.
- A backup plan for your cooking essentials may be necessary for dining during your Kitchen Renovation process. If you have an outdoor grill and a patio area, consider creating a temporary outdoor kitchen, which will eliminate the clutter of an indoor make-shift kitchen.
Remember that a Kitchen Renovation can also be the perfect time to de-clutter and reorganize! Since you will be packing up the contents of your kitchen, now is the time to evaluate what you have and sort out the essentials and clear out any unwanted or unused items.
Most importantly, allow for yourself to be flexible. The end result will be more than worth any temporary inconveniences. As your Kitchen Renovation progresses, keep a positive attitude and visualize the end result – remember, a renovation is only a temporary process and it will be just a matter of time before you will be cooking in your brand new kitchen space!
Volpatti Signature Renovations specializes in kitchen and bathroom renovations
as well as custom countertop fabrication and replacement. With a staff of in-house expert designers as well as a team of experienced installers, Volpatti Signature Renovations provides only the highest quality kitchen remodeling services and products that will help you realize your “Dream Kitchen.” For more information, contact them today to schedule a consultation.