Whether you’re getting ready to start the day, or soaking in the tub after work, you spend a lot of time in your bathroom. You deserve a beautiful bathroom that suits your unique personality.
Is it Time for a Bathroom Renovation?
There are several signs that it’s time to get serious about a bathroom renovation:
- You’re interested in selling your current home, and want to increase it’s value.
- Your family is expanding and your current bathroom does not suit your needs.
- Some of the fixtures or pipes have begun leaking.
- You’ve grown tired of your outdated bathroom and want a modernized look.
No matter your reason, a bathroom renovation is an exciting project that lets your creativity flow. Your bathroom will become your own personal spa that you’re free to enjoy whenever, and for as long as you like
Should You DIY or Leave it to the Professionals?
Sure, there are some DIY projects that are fun and cost effective. But bathroom renovations are complex projects. Talk to any homeowner who undertook a reno on their own, and they’ll tell you they wish they’d used a professional from the beginning.
The biggest advantage to hiring a professional bathroom renovator? You can rest easy knowing that your project is handled, start to end. It will be completed on time, on budget, with incredible results.
Professional bathroom renovators bring many great things to the table, including:
- Knowledge of how to make the best use of space. Space planning is one of the more difficult aspects of a bathroom renovation. A designer will know how to create a functional space that doesn’t feel cramped.
- An eye for detail. When it comes to bathroom design, the little things count. A professional designer can help you turn your vision into a reality. From tile work, to countertops, a professional helps you tie it all together.
- The ability to pair function with glamor. You don’t have to sacrifice one for the other. Professionals know how to balance the two, to give you the best of both worlds.
- The ability to create a budget and timeframe that’s adapted to your needs. The most frustrating part of managing a bathroom renovation yourself is managing the budget and schedule. There is a lot that goes into a remodel – it all starts to add up. You’ll enjoy peace of mind when you know a pro is keeping you in a budget and timeframe you’re comfortable with.
- Knowledge of the latest bathroom style trends and how to make them work for you. No need to stay up-to-date on the latest trends. Working with an experienced designer ensures you’re getting a fresh style, customized to your liking.
- Possibilities you’d never have considered on your own. Mirrored tiles in the shower? A vanity in the corner? A bathroom designer can open your eyes up to a world of possibilities!
Most homeowners who attempt DIY bathroom renovations discover they’re unable to find the same balance between function and design that professionals juggle.
How Do You Choose a Professional Bathroom Renovator?
When choosing a professional bathroom renovator, it’s important to take your time and consider all the possibilities.
The bathroom designer you select must be:
- Someone you trust
- Someone whose vision for your bathroom aligns with your own
- Someone you’re comfortable communicating with
- Someone with a great deal of experience and who has a reputation for being reliable
The best bathroom renovators are the ones who remain diligent about staying on top of the latest trends. They eat, breathe and sleep bathroom styles.
Once you’ve selected two or three bathroom designers you like, learn as much as you can about them. A good way to determine if they’re the best fit for your project is asking lots of questions about their work style and looking at project photographs of bathrooms they’ve already renovated for previous clients.
Always ask for references or customer testimonials.
How Do You Work With a Designer?
Don’t worry – hiring a professional doesn’t mean you won’t have a say in the design process for your bathroom. Nothing is further from the truth! At Kingswood Designs, we see the project as a partnership between you and our team. We simply take your vision and transform it into something better than you could ever imagine!
At Kingswood, we pair you with a dedicated designer that stays on your project until completion. You won’t have to jump through hoops to get your message to the right person. Work closely with your designer, and they’ll make sure everything goes smoothly.
You can – and should! – stay involved in the project. Don’t be afraid to offer your suggestions and feedback. If your designer has a thought you’re not crazy about, make sure you address the issue right away. The more proactive you remain, the happier you’ll be with the final results. And, trust us, your designer won’t take offense. We want to do what’s right for you.
The time it takes to renovate your bathroom can be stressful, but your dedicated designer will do their best to make the process hassle free. Once you see the final results, you’ll love them and forget all about the hassle. To make things easier, we’ve created a list of things to do to minimize the amount of stress you experience before and during the renovation.
Whether you’re ready to start a bathroom renovation or you’re contemplating the idea, get in touch with us. We’ll happily answer all your questions.